GPSG Newsflash 05/19
Events and Notices
04 June 2019
The Greek Politics Specialist Group is pleased to share the following news and details about forthcoming events, calls for papers and research opportunities:
1. Call for Expressions of Interest – GPSG Executive Committee Officers: The Greek Politics Specialist Group (GPSG) invites expressions of interest for up to two new posts of its Executive Committee (EC). The Executive Committee is the primary decision-making body of the GPSG. Through its Officers, the Executive Committee, plans and implements the Group’s strategy, action plan, funding applications, collaborations and activities; manages the day-to-day budget and operations of the Group; maintains accurate records of the Group’s meetings, members and activities; organises, launches and manages events, panels, roundtables, competitions, contests; edits the Group’s publications, such as the Working Paper Series; and appoints the new members to its Executive and Advisory Committees, including the Convenors.The GPSG is committed to a policy of equality and diversity and all applications will be considered purely on the basis of their merit and the individual’s ‘fit’ to the role.Expressions of interest should comprise a full CV and a short cover note explaining why the applicant is interested in becoming a member of the GPSG Executive Committee and what they feel they could bring to the role. They should be submitted to Stella Ladi and Vasiliki Tsagkroni by 23.59 on Sunday, 30 June 2019. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants should be (or have become, before the deadline) full members of the GPSG. Affiliate members and full members who have not renewed their membership can do so before the deadline. If you are unsure as to your membership status, please email Vasiliki Tsagkroni.Colleagues who are interested in joining the EC are encouraged to have informal discussions with one or more of the current Convenors and EC officers. As per our Constitution, all expressions of interest will be considered by the Executive Committee, which will shortlist candidates. If, at the end of the process, there are more shortlisted candidates than there are places, then an election will be held amongst GPSG members. Only full (paid-up) members will be able to participate in that process.
2. Call for Greek Parliamentary Elections Commentary – GPSG Pamphlet: Following the success of our previous election pamphlets, the Greek Politics Specialist Group (GPSG) will be publishing another collection of short comment pieces immediately after the elections on 7 July. The purpose is to offer an initial rapid response from political and social scientists that can interpret and explain the results of the Greek elections to a global audience.We invite short opinion/analysis articles (200-500 words, in English) analysing, interpreting or reflecting on the outcome, likely impact or any other aspect of the campaign or election. Contributions from all our members, affiliates and colleagues outside the GPSG are welcome.Please note that due to the volume of submissions we receive and the extremely short turn-around timeframe, we can only publish pieces that do not exceed the word count, have been carefully proof-read and require minimal editorial work. Please email your piece to Panagiota Manoli between Sunday, 7 July and midnight on Tuesday, 9 July, which is the final deadline, along with your full title and institutional affiliation.
For further information about the call, please click here.
3. Πρόσκληση Υποβολής Εισηγήσεων: Το Τμήμα Πολιτικής Επιστήμης και Διεθνών Σχέσεων (ΠΕΔΙΣ) του Πανεπιστημίου Πελοποννήσου διοργανώνει με την υποστήριξη του Greek Politics Specialist Group (GPSG) συνέδριό με τίτλο ‘Το Πολιτικό Φαινόμενο σε Μετάβαση: Προκλήσεις για τη Δημοκρατία, το Κράτος και την Κοινωνία’. Το συνέδριο θα πραγματοποιηθεί στο Λουτράκι, 13-15 Δεκεμβρίου, και η γλώσσα εργασίας θα είναι τα Ελληνικά.
Οι ενδιαφερόμενοι καλούνται να υποβάλλουν περίληψη εισήγησης, έκτασης έως 200 λέξεις, σε διαφορετικά γνωστικά πεδία και αντικείμενα του ευρύτερου χώρου των κοινωνικών επιστημών, μέχρι τις 30 Ιουνίου. Όλες οι υποβολές γίνονται ηλεκτρονικά στον ιστότοπο του συνεδρίου.
Οι προτάσεις για συνεδρίες και οι περιλήψεις εισηγήσεων θα αξιολογηθούν από την Επιστημονική Επιτροπή του Συνεδρίου και τα αποτελέσματα θα γνωστοποιηθούν έως τις 20 Ιουλίου.
Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες, δείτε τη σχετική ανακοίνωση.
4. Research Methods Seminar: We are pleased to announce that the seminar entitled “Using Experiments in Social Sciences’’ was successfully organised on the 16th and 17th of May 2019 in Athens by the Greek Politics Specialist Group in collaboration with the Centre for Political Research of Panteion University. We would like to thank our seminar speakers (Tereza Capelos, Senior Lecturer, University of Birmingham; Yannis Tsirbas, Lecturer, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens; and Eleni Georgakakou, Researcher and Project Manager, Associate of the National Centre for Social Research) for their constructive contributions and the participants for the interest and active participation.
1. ELIAMEP welcomes applications for the call “Marie Skłodowska- Curie actions – Individual Fellowships”: The Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) invites researchers who wish to submit a proposal for the 2019 call of the “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions -Individual Fellowship” Programme (MSCA-IF-2019). Proposals are funded by the European Commission (Horizon 2020 Programme). ELIAMEP invites doctorate holders, interested in submitting a proposal to the European Commission, to send an application, with a one-page summary presentation of their research idea and their CV (including publications), up to the 30th of June 2019, to the email de[email protected].
For further information about the post and application procedure, please click here.
Dimitris, on behalf of the GPSG Executive Committee.