The Greek Politics Specialist Group is pleased to share the following news and details about events, research opportunities, and calls for papers:
1. GPSG Peer-Mentoring Scheme: The Greek Politics Specialist Group (GPSG) is pleased to announce a Peer-Mentoring Scheme initiative, which aims to bring together senior and junior members of the Greek Politics community.
The COVID-19 pandemic has fostered new modes of communication within the academic community and beyond. Within this context, while our channels of communication keep expanding and the chances to connect with each other, no matter where we are, continue to increase, opportunities for meaningful networking are becoming significantly infrequent. This is particularly affecting our colleagues in the early stages of their careers, where networking constitutes an invaluable resource for their development.
GPSG encourages senior and junior members of the community to voluntarily take part in this flexible scheme. The only requirement is a commitment to at least 6 one-to-one online/face-to-face meetings in a 12-month period, which will be tailored to and revolve around the mentee’s needs (e.g. career development advice; writing and publishing advice; research opportunities; peer-review of draft papers).
Colleagues who are willing to participate in the scheme are invited to express their interest by sending an email to Dimitris Skleparis by 31 March. Please make sure that your email includes: A) your name; B) 5 keywords that describe your research; and C) whether you are volunteering as a senior or junior member. The Peer-Mentor Coordinator will then match senior and junior members based on their stated research interests and will initiate the communication between the two parties.
We do hope that this initiative will be equally embraced by both ‘established’ and ‘less established’ academics as an excellent opportunity to expand their networks by including colleagues from outside their universities or usual collaboration circles.
2. GPSG Panels at the Annual PSA Conference: GPSG is pleased to announce the organisation of five panels at the 71st Political Studies Association (PSA) Annual International Conference, convened by Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) on 29th-31st March 2021:
– PANEL 221: The Covid-19 pandemic across Europe: responses, challenges and lessons (learned) – Monday 29 March, 11:15-12:45 (GMT). This panel is organised in collaboration with the German, French, Italian, Nordic and Turkish Politics Specialist Groups of the PSA
– PANEL 913: Capitalising on Constraint: Bailout Politics in Eurozone Countries. Book Launch – Wednesday 31 March, 9:00-10:30 (GMT)
– PANEL 1023: Greek Responses to the COVID-19 pandemic – Wednesday 31st March, 10:45-12:00 (GMT)
– PANEL 1123: Nationalism and anti-establishment parties in Greece – Wednesday 31st March, 13:45-15:15 (GMT)
– Global challenges, Europe and Greece (Ex Ordo Reference Number #1016) – TBC
You can download the full programme of our panels by clicking here.